Average for Entire Year's Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday etc

Hi there,

I need help. I cannot share the underlying data because my company doesn’t allow it.

I want to see if I select a Day of Week Name from the filter.

The Average Transactions for all the Tuesdays of the year = 359 358.

I want to Select a Day of Week name e.g. Tuesday, then if I select a month then those tuesdays appear in the visual but the Average gives me the average for all the Tuesdays of the entire data set, not filtered by month.

If I select a month in the year. I do not want the average line to filter by the current context. In other words, the average for the entire year but stay put. I have no idea what the dax is to do this.

Hi @SammiP ,
Thank you very much for posting your query in the forum.
See if modifying your measurement in this way can help you achieve the desired result:

Avg Transactions ALL Current Year =

VAR _Year = MAX( Dim_Dates[Year] )

VAR _Result = CALCULATE(

[Average DayofWeekName Transactions],

ALLEXCEPT( Dim_Dates, Dim_Dates[DayofWeekName] ),

KEEPFILTERS( Dim_Dates[Year] = _Year )

)

RETURN

_Result

Regards

Hi @SammiP

I’d like to check again with you if the answer @jafernandezpuga provided above helped you solve your inquiry.

If it does, kindly mark the answer as the solution that solved your query.

If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help do you need further?

Hello @SammiP , did the response above help solve your query? It’s been a while since we got a response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello @SammiP Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. Thanks to the contributors of this post. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Feel free to reopen this thread if you anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.