Average Days Between Orders

@MAAbdullah47 Data in your PBI files ends on 12/30/2017 :frowning:

1 Like

@AntrikshSharma spot on :+1:

1 Like

Actually I give this as an example not from my data.

I’ll check.

Hi @MAAbdullah47, did the response provided by the experts help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

I have small problem @MudassirAli , I want to create Index through power query but The data I have is too big (2.5M) rows, Always crash out of memory, do you have an Idea how to create the Index through (DAX) based on date Instead of Power Query?

@AntrikshSharma @MudassirAli I meant create a column not measure.

@MAAbdullah47 If PQ can’t do it, I am sure DAX can’t handle it as well, you will have to do it at the data source. But why add index to 2.5 M rows?

Hi @AntrikshSharma
because the solution require this , please re-check it.

If I do it from the Source file, It is csv when you open it through excel it will shrinking
did you got it?

@MAAbdullah47 Doing indexing is not a problem outside PBI, I can do it with VBA and Python, but the point you should ask yourself is if you really need indexing? it will increase the size of your model. What is the goal that you want to achieve with index?

I want to solve the problem of Days Between Orders to be dynamic, you posted solution before but it doesn’t work dynamically, @MudassirAli post one works fine with small db (Creating index) but with the cussrent db it doesn’t work , did you got it @AntrikshSharma?

Hi Experts again

Please check the example below:

Customer X

I need to calculate the difference between each order (n) and Order (n+1) how many days?

then from Order (n+1) to Order (n+2) How many days?

…etc

Customer X+1

I need to calculate the difference between each order (n) and Order (n+1) how many days?

then from Order (n+1) to Order (n+2) How many days?

…etc

Then I need the (Average Days) Between Orders for all customers is the question clear?

@MAAbdullah47 The current and this post

are these same?

Hi @AntrikshSharma

Yes But now I encountered wrong results.

@AntrikshSharma, @MAAbdullah47,

I think we should merge these two threads together, since they seem to be addressing basically the same question.

Re: my earlier solution, we can rework that without the index. I use it because I think it adds clarity to the solution, but it’s not necessary.

@AntrikshSharma - how do you want to proceed?

• Brian

Ok I’ll merge it, but need assitance from the Admin @EnterpriseDNA how to merge it.

@MAAbdullah47,

We’ll take care of that. I’m reworking my prior solution for you and should have something back to you later today.

• Brian

@MAAbdullah47,

I’ve provided you a revised solution here:

Please let me know if this meets your needs. If necessary, we can continue the discussion in that thread, and I will close this one out.

• Brian
2 Likes