Anonymizing Data For Assistance Request

Hello,

Are there any easy ways to annomymize the data in my PBIX files so that I can share it and request insight to particular challenges I come across?

Often when I run into a problem it’s on a dataset which I am unable to share outside my company and I haven’t been able to find an easy way to the data for random filler data.

How do you handle this challenge?

Thank you!

Hello, I’m also struggling with that issue, as far i know there is no function, what i usually do is to create a simple excel file, just containing the really necessary information, deleting all “names” and continue with a few “find and replace”

Not the best way but at least save, and it makes it easier to understand for other

Regards,

Franz

2 Likes

The best thing to do here is just to branch out your scenario into a separate file.

You could filter down your data to a very small amount and then export it to excel, then reload it into another model and setup the scenario exactly the same as what you are seeing.

The reality is that the techniques are usually exactly the same, you can just have 1% or 0.01% of the data. It will still be exactly the same solution.

Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam - a quick one if you please. I need to anonymize a financial stock management model… which is looking great (even if I say so myself)!! I have

dividends file - 5 years data
stock prices file - 5 years data
stock transactions file - 5 years data
current stock prices file
cash dividends file 5 years data

Everything is linked by ticker. If I anonymize the ticker… that’s a huge over to reconcile them or I guess I could just power query them and replace the actual ticker with a T001 etc … or is there another method you suggest?

I need to showcase this model … what’s your advice for how to do this … the simplest route for me is always the best (even it it might not be the fastest)…if you see what I mean. What d’ya reckon is the the best route.

Currently there are two hundred odd tickers - with data going back 5 years - some active, some not… I need to retain that of course… it’s part of the model…

All thoughts gratefully received. Erica

you might want to start a new topic as this topic is already close. People in the forum may not review as its already solved
thanks
keith