Again stuck with simple calculation

- Painters are working on different Bst-Nr. (sites)
- Sometimes the total costs for a site are higher than the invoice (site was a bad one)
- Customer wants to know:
	○ Which site ended with a loss?
	○ Who (painter) worked on that site?
	○ The percentage (by hrs) of each painter who worked there.
	○ Finally each worker's share in EURO.

- As you can see from the screenshot below I could fulfill the requirements, BUT
- when I filter by "Mitarbeiter" (painter) the result is not what I expected -> second screenshot 

- The Mitarbeiter-related percentage is gone (and 100% are applied)

- Then I created another DAX-calculation for Total Hours per BST (site; Total Stunden BST)

- As you can see, the value needed for percentage calculation is correct, BUT all workers are showing up in the list, although without values.

I watched several videos (A. Ferrari, Curbal, Guy in a Cube…) to get a hang on this, but now on Sunday evening I’m done (and have to accept that I still have a long way to go).
I also finished Sam McKay’s course ‘Ultimate Beginners Guide to Dax’ and ‘Mastering DAX calculations’ (half way through)

I played around with ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLEXCEPT, REMOVEFILTERS, KEEPFILTERS.

When I look at the problems discussed here, I’m a bit shy to come to you with this simple one…
but since I’m (still) unable to solve it any solution would be highly appreciated.

The Data Model looks like this:

The used measures are:

- Total Stunden = 
SUM(BaustellenStd[Stunden])

- PCT2 = 
DIVIDE(
[Total Stunden],
CALCULATE( [Total Stunden], REMOVEFILTERS ( BaustellenStd[Mitarbeiter] ) )

- € Anteil pro Mitarbeiter = 
CALCULATE
([Total Ergebnis] * [% Std Mitarbeiter]
)

- % Std Mitarbeiter = 
CALCULATE
([Total Stunden] / [Total Stunden pro Baustelle]
)

- Total Stunden pro Baustelle = 
CALCULATE
([Total Stunden],
ALLSELECTED(BaustellenStd[Baustellen-Nr.], BaustellenStd[Mitarbeiter])
)

Total Stunden BST = 
CALCULATE(
[Total Stunden] , 
REMOVEFILTERS(BaustellenStd[Mitarbeiter])
)

As said earlier, nothing complicated (following Sam’s advice: start simple, improve later.), but for me it is.

Hi @Mjuds, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much contextn to a question as possible.

• Include the masked demo pbix file and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hi @mjuds, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 18th of January. We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file and any other supporting links and details.

This will help other users and experts to answer your inquiry better. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.