Advanced "What-if" analysis with different granularity

Hi,
I have a case with PL data for 5 different countries.
Each country has multiple stores say around 8-10.

I like to perform an advanced what-if analysis where revenue, CoS, salary, other overheads are individually changed for each store in each country and finally arrive at a Consolidated PL statement reflecting the change based on the what-ifs slicers.

Do you think power bi can handle this?

Hi Jackson,

Power bi would be a good candidate for these requirements.

Its hard to say what you mean by handle but Power BI has significant processing ability and can easily handle large data sets giving instant results.

Modelling the data will be key given your requirements.

Hope this helps .

Regards,
H

This can definitely be done in Power BI.

Highly recommend reviewing the Scenario Analysis course. I cover all my best ideas within this.

Maybe also the financial reporting course as well, as it looks like you might need a combination of both.

There is a bit of understanding to make this all happen but for sure this is possible. Power BI is perfect for this.

Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Hi @Jackson, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 18th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Thanks,
So i was wondering, what would be the ideal way to set this up.
I was initially thinking sliding slicers; that would be 5 [countries] *8[ stores in each country]*6 [PL heads for each store], but that would not be feasible.

Regards,
Jackson

Hi @Jackson . What-If parameter is primarily using SelectedValue function to capture the value from slicer. You can setup your slicers and use SelectedValue to capture selected values and create measures.

If you need further help, we need more information on what you are trying to achieve with Sample Data, existing Data Model and expected solution to help you further. You can also share sample PBIX file.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Hi @Jackson, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!