Adjustment of an Item

Hi,
I have used a measure as there was an adjustment that was suppose to be made, I made that adjusment
with (7587) in the month of Aug but in the totaling it is not giving me the correct total

Measure =SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[MonthInCalendar]), “Aug 2020”,[Usage After SIP]-7587,[Usage After SIP])

Your support in this regard will highly be appreciated.

Adjustment Totalling

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

To address this type of issue, one of our expert member @Greg had created a post which involves all the links of the videos that address how to solve this type of problem. It also contains the links of the queries that are being asked by the members onto the Forum till date and all the relevant blogposts links.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Note: Please click on the link to view the entire post and not on expand/collapse button.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi @mohammedkhan11

Here is the solution

Adjustment of an Item.pbix
(43.2 KB)

Hi Greg,
I see it worked at your end, but when I tried doing the same it didnt work.
I am attaching a link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdEN4kivby3WdTplFnd1ehMBCFlV9yhW/view?usp=sharing

Apologies, I mean Rajesh

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

Thank You for sharing the file.

But in the given file, I don’t see any measure with the name “Testing Adjustments” whilst in the screenshot that you’ve provided contains that measure in which the problem had occurred. Another thing there’s one visual which shows the error.

Can you please specify where did the problem occurred?

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi Harsh,
In the File there is a measure with the name of “New Toll Free Saving test” , When i add that measure it gives me this error, “New Toll free Saving Test” is the same as @Rajesh told me to make it.
Please let me know if there is any ambiguity

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

Ok, I removed that measure and both the tables look alike.

But still I’m not able to find out where the actual problem lies. In your initial query you’d provided the screenshot which contained “Testing Adjustments” formula. I’m not able to find that formula. As you’d mentioned that this was the formula where the error occurred.

Can please incorporate that “Testing Adjustments” formula in your file? So that I can try to fix the total for that. Or is there any other thing that I’m missing in your file?

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Thank you @Harsh for helping me out, i have udpated the file, you could se the Testing Adjustment Measure also, also attaching the Image where the Total is Incorrect in the Testing Adjustment

I have updated the File with the Testing Adjustments

Testing Adjustment = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[MonthInCalendar]), “Aug 2020”,[Usage After SIP]-7587,[Usage After SIP])

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

Is this the correct total that you’re looking for? Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Here’s the formula that I’ve used to correct the totals.

Testing Adjustment (Correct Total) = 
SUMX(
    SUMMARIZE( Dates , Dates[MonthInCalendar] , "Correct Totals" , [Testing Adjustment] ) , 
[Correct Totals] )

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your desired requirements that you’re looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Thank you @Harsh, Yes the Image total shows the correct amount, … You Rock :star: :clap:… Could you please also share the .PIBX file., in the last message the Pibx is not attached or if you could let me know the measure of “Correct Total”

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

You’re Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad I was able to help you.

My apologies, actually due to large size of the file I was not able to upload it.

But yes, in my previous post the grey part shows the formula of the “Correct Total”. You can simply paste that formula in your PBIX file and it will work absolutely fine.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Could you please let me know the Correct Total measure, I am not sure which one you are referring to
Measure 1:
“Testing Adjustment (Correct Total) =
SUMX(
SUMMARIZE( Dates , Dates[MonthInCalendar] , “Correct Totals” , [Testing Adjustment] ) ,
[Correct Totals] )”

Measure 2: Correct Total = ?

Hello @mohammedkhan11,

I’m providing a file through Google Drive.

And below is the formula for reference-

Testing Adjustment (Correct Total) = 
SUMX(
    SUMMARIZE( Dates , Dates[MonthInCalendar] , "Correct Totals" , [Testing Adjustment] ) , 
[Correct Totals] )

You can check out the PBIX file of the working.

Hoping this helps you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwXGOiaSwNWIfIHFJ9587m7AaR7jXTvA/view?usp=sharing