Accelerator 6 - Has it started?

First, my apologies if I’ve missed it, but has Accelerator 6 commenced?

I have plenty I can work on if it isn’t live, but I haven’t seen a notice.

Also, I understand if Accelerator 6 has been delayed. It’s obvious that there’s a lot of activity at Edna.

Regards,

John Giles

Before you send your question.
Make sure that all details relevant to your question is complete:

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file - VERY IMPORTANT
  • A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your underlying data file

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

*** DELETE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SURE ALL YOUR DETAILS ARE COMPLETE OR IF THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NT APPLICABLE TO YOUR QUESTION.***

And I just saw Brian’s note about Accelerator 6 being pushed out due to family circumstances.

I hope everything works out well, Brian.

John Giles

@JohnG ,

No, you haven’t missed it - I’m definitely behind on that one. Spent much of last week dealing with a family medical emergency that thankfully seems to have ended well. Playing catch up this week and splitting time with the coming rollout later this week of our first in a series of Python for Power BI Users courses, but am close to having the Week #6 Problem Set completed and expect to have it rolled out by the end of this week.

I think it’s a fun one – a definite change of pace. We will be doing an extreme makeover of the Week #1 report with much more advanced UI/UX features – buttons, bookmarks, page navigation, drillthrough, popout slicer panels – the whole bag of tricks that Microsoft has given us.

I really appreciate your continued interest and engagement in Accelerator, and apologize for the delay.

– Brian

1 Like

Hi Brian:

I appreciate the quick response.

After I sent the question, I looked at the Accelerator 5 thread. I saw your note.

I’m glad things seemed to have worked out for you.

Thanks.

John Giles

1 Like

Hi Brian:

Regarding your final comment above.

The Accelerators are a valuable tool for the Power BI journey.

There’s so much to learn and so much available content, that, frequently, I feel like I’m on the receiving end of a fire hose. I toggle between writing reports and viewing tutorials. When I’m doing one, I worry that I should be doing the other.

The Accelerators are a means of finding a balance.

Regards,

John Giles

1 Like