About the Power BI category

Threads for general Power BI questions related to development aspects of Power BI models.

The Power BI category is for all general Power BI questions that would sit outside any of the specific development aspects of Power BI models, for example; DAX formula, Query Editor & Data Modeling.

This category has a wide scope so if you’re not sure certainly tagged your topic in this category.

1 Like

This post is part of the guidelines on how we can effectively utilize and manage the forum so all members can efficiently use it.

Question on General Power BI - Lock Down Object

I usually use the lock down object option in my power bi dashboards so users can not accidentally move around the objects and mess up the view but I realized that feature applies to only the objects on the dashboard.
I also didn’t want users to be able to change existing formulas, edit any written text etc but realized the lock down object can not prevent this from happening.
I would like to know if there is any way of preventing any changes or editing by users and consumers of my power bi desktop file.

Thanks,

Abi

Hello Sam,

I would like to design in Power BI the below model template report for Budgeting & Forecasting step by step from the beginning (raw data excel):

"Variance Analysis"

- Data (Product, Customer, Sales Channel etc)

- Time Period (Year, Quarter, Month)

- Figures Numbers (Actual, Budget, Estimate, Last Year)

- Variances (vs Budget, vs Estimate, vs LY) - absolute numbers

- Variances (vs Budget, vs Estimate, vs LY) - percentages

Which course do you suggest to me, as the appropriate, to attend that it matches perfect with the above one?

Thanks,

Sotiris