1 selector for multiple charts

Hey, I watched the video about multiple charts Dynamic Axis via Slicer and i really liked it but what i need more is how can i change my axis in alll my charts using one selector because i want for example a selector (v.s. budget, v.s. PY) and i have one chart for revenue, EBITDA and OPEX so i need to compare all of them using that one slicer. can you please assist.
cheers,

Hi @rawad_hachem

Welcome to the Forum. Further to your post i would say, things that you explained in your post can be done/achieved via buttons and bookmarks & i would advise you to explore these two for your requirements.
Also, if you are unable to get what you want than kindly share some sample data,pictures showing what you have done so far and what you want to achieve. This will help us in zeroing in on the exact requirement and help you in a best possible way.

Best Regards,
Hemant

Hello @rawad_hachem,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Just couple of days back similar sort of query was asked by one of our member onto the Forum. I’m providing a link as well as the the PBIX file of my working below for the reference about this was achieved through “Bookmarks and Buttons” and the link also contains some of the videos about the techniques on Bookmarks and Buttons.

Hoping you find this useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

Slicer for the x-axis.pbix (752.0 KB)

Hello @Harsh @Hemantsingh thank you for your reply, i know about the bookmarks and buttons but u don’t want to use them because the report is more than one page and i need something more efficient than just create bookmarks and buttons.

here is the example i want to replicate, they created slicers and changed PV and Budget bars depending on the slicers. kindly check it.

Hello @rawad_hachem,

I checked the report that you’ve provided. So here you’ll required to create a disconnected table with the condition as follows -

Order Benchmark
1 >>> Vs Prior Year
2 >>> Vs Budget

And then with the help of “SWITCH( TRUE() )” function you may be able to carry out this task and achieve the result or with the help of bookmarks just overlay the chart upon another without creating any measures using buttons.

We will either require the working of your file or the demo data since we’ve no idea how your model is constructed to achieve this result.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hello @rawad_hachem,

I’m attaching the screenshot below of the desired result that you’re looking. As mentioned in the previous post this was achieved using the “SWITCH( TRUE() )” function.

I’m also attaching the PBIX file of my working for the reference -

Hoping you find this useful and helps you in achieving the analysis that you’re looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Selector for Multiple Charts.pbix (549.9 KB)

Okay so this is exactly what i have at the moment but what i need is to have 3 more different bar charts (profit, OPEX, EBiTDA) and have them change vs. budget vs previous year when i change the benchmark ex: ebitda actual vs budget/previous year, under it will have opex actual vs buget/previous yrear and so on.

thank you for your time.
Cheers,

Hello @rawad_hachem,

You’re Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad I was able to help you.

Lastly, before I sign off you can also create another 3 charts that you are looking for (Profit, OPEX, EBITDA) by following this pattern i.e. “SWITCH( TRUE() ) function”.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @rawad_hachem. Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

hey @EnterpriseDNA ,
unfortunately i didn’t get the answer i need because i already did the part that was described in the replies. any help from your side would be much appreciated because i really need it in my financial report + i think it would be a great add on to the whole Community to use.

cheers,

Hello @rawad_hachem,

Since your original post was based on the example that the video you’d seen as per that the solution was designed. If you’re looking for something more elaborative solution than please provide your working file or the mock-up data if it contains the sensitive information by creating a new thread. And I’ve already mentioned in my previous post that remaining charts or the solution that you’re looking for can be achieved by following the same processes that has been followed in the given PBIX file. Also there’s a course available on our education portal specifically pertaining to the Financial Reporting. I recommend you to please go through the course since you’re looking for some developmental requirements.

Please go through the following links below provided for the reference.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951/4

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/asking-questions-on-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/30